"Antigonish" (1899) William Hughes Mearns
Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away
- When I came home last night at three
- The man was waiting there for me
- But when I looked around the hall
- I couldn’t see him there at all!
- Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
- Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door
- Last night I saw upon the stair
- A little man who wasn’t there
- He wasn’t there again today
- Oh, how I wish he’d go away
I've always liked this... and thought it would be fun to paint it on the risers of the stairs; one line per step ~ assuming you had the proper 14.
Who doesn't love a good flight of stairs after all?
Or imaginary little people for that matter.
"Hmmmm", she said, chin resting on thumb, forefinger tapping her cheek....
My Grandmother's ancestors on her father's side came from Antigonish, Nova Scotia