Saturday, March 13, 2010

St. Patricks Day!

With St. Patricks Day fast approaching .... I thought a  little tribute to Ireland would be nice. 
My Grandfather's family came from Ireland back in the 1850's.
We went to see Ireland for ourselves in 2000.
What an awesome adventure.

This was taken on the property of the house we rented in Millstreet, County Cork.  The land had been in the lady's family for 700 years.  That seems like a remarkably long time.  Pretty funny, looking at the picture now, we're dressed as twins!  :) The "wellies" came with the house; and the lovely owner took her own hiking boots of her trunk and let me borrow them for the length of our stay.... as she didn't think my clogs were the right choice for walking...

This handsome fellow was standing at the base of the Rock of Cashel in Adare.

So, to all Ireland I raise my cup of tea (don't like Guiness, shhhhhhh, don't tell) and salute ye !!  To the people, the sheep and the forty shades of green! 


For each petal on the shamrock.

This brings a wish your way

Good health, good luck, and happiness

For today and every day.

3 comments:

  1. Another great post!! I so loved Ireland - it was pure bliss. I loved just about everything about it! I've been reading about that starts in Ireland in 1893 - and for all they had to suffer I raise my pint of Guinness. Gra - Sonas - Slainte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireland ... absolutely one of my favorite countries. Let us pay our respect to this great country and their wonderful citizens ... I raise my pint of Guinness ... cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that makes three cheers for Ireland! :)

    ReplyDelete