Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A gray day in May.

It is yet another gray day here in New England...  it's been this color alot lately.  It's sort of growing on me... or maybe that's mold; I can't be sure.  All this mist and drizzle makes the garden happy and grass green, and there's no worries about sun burn for sure;  I guess that's the "bright side" to this rather drab weather.  All part of the program here I guess.  I don't mind too much about the basic weather; sun, rain, snow, thunderstorms..... if the sun is out I want to play in the gardens, if it's precipitating I want to play in my art supplies and lets face it, either way i'm happy.  Rain/snow also brings the possibilty of good books, extra cups of tea... those sorts of things. What's not to like about that? (Of course I take it all back it the "rain" is in the form of a hurricane... I surely don't wish for that ~  brrrr, that's never a good thing. )


"I say kind Sir, 'ave you seen my sheep?"

I suppose walking soggy dogs in the rain can be a bit much sometimes... Actually, the aftermath in the house is worse than the getting soaked part.... Nothing quite like O'De Wet Dog on a damp day....and the gritting of muddy foot prints all over the floor, and apparently the couch too when you have short, wet canine who prefers to dry himself thank you... Towel? Why bother, the couch will do....
 I sound  a bit like the weather girl don't I?  Though i've never heard her say "partly cloudy today, whith a chance of muddy sand on your furniture"...

I want to catch up a bit here (not just to give you a weather report)... it seems like it's been a while.  I've been doing lots of little craft projects, which keeps my fingers away from the keyboard.  We (the hubby and I) have signed up to be vendors at the Swan Festival in town (in July).  As we've never done anything like this before, it has a fairly strong hold on my brain...  I'm a mixed bag of emotions.... fear of course is heading the list... with a touch of excitement and curiosity.  I guess we'll see what happens when it happens.  In the mean time I'm trying to prepare the goodies we wish to try and sell ~ which reminds me, I'm a terrible sales person ~ and figure out how to best display them under our 10 x 10 white tent... (I'd have prefered the adorable shepards hut, but the tent will be just lovely I'm sure...) I do so love to decorate....so I'm sure it will all come together before July and be just fine....  I hope.

I'm also working on my contribution for Being Creative's "home" theme... sorry no glimpses yet...

I really think we need to install some more hours in each day... preferably during the day, since my eye lids seem to go down with the setting sun... which causes me to wake up on the couch with a big kink in my neck and that just makes a girl cranky.  That's not fun for anyone.

Any how.... I must go now, and sit by the fire a moment and get the damp out of me bones.
But don't worry ~ I'll be back again, cuz I just can't stay away!! 
"i'm not a sheep"....

9 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, funny photos ... the looks in their eyes ...:-))))
    You are going to do fine on the Fair ... I know you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dogs look spectacular:))

    I know you will do great at the fair.. to bad I can't come, I'd be your best customer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics of the dogs. That must cause some mess, my black lab likes to leave it till getting IN the house to give his wet coat a good shake!Just had a good laugh at your post too. Regarding the fair, I'm sure you'll do fine. Try doing some little pieces, lots of folks do that! Then they're not too expensive either. Like the ones on Gennines art blog? Not sure that will help, I would be in a flap too! Got to go for it though, Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh and another thing I've just seen on a lovely blog 'lil sonny sky' Lisa Stubbs blog, about some little cards an artist called Kim Welling has on her Etsy site, you need one of those to give you confidence, what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are great, and I know the wet dog on couch scenario well!!
    Don't be too worried about the sale (easier said than done), your enthusiasm for your work will sell it for you!
    Dan
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. dates, times, and actual location of the fair..? i would love an excuse to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to be a bad blog hostess... so very distracted lately! Thanks for the comments, I have fingers firmly crossed that the fair goes well! The "Swan Festival" is July 9th (or 10th if it rains)... It takes place on the back side side of Main Street in the center of town.
    and P.s. WOW, what an ordeal to post a comment on my own blog!!! GRRRR, why so difficult? What's up lately with the ole blogspot???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think now you have a date to work to you will get more done. Enjoy the excitement of having your own little shop for the day. And remember "keep calm and carry on", have fun creating. You will be fine. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oddly enough, I just bought a poster with that exact phrase on it... I think i need to scratch in "and FOCUS" at the bottom!! I keep telling myself that this a test run to see what it would be like to have a REAL "store" ~ rather than my current imaginary one! :))))

    ReplyDelete