Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter has come at last!

Finally ~ it looks like winter in New England!
I won't complain that it has been warmish... because bitter cold is hard on all the little animals... but if it's going to be around 30 degrees, then it may as well snow; it's a lot prettier that way!
It's been a little quiet in here I know... We've been dealing with some REALLY sick kitty issues since before Christmas, so we've been laying low, crafting quietly and hanging out with the animals.
Yesterday, we finally got some snow!
I don't know about the rest of you, but we immediately saddle up the critters and go for a walk so we can better appreciate it!  The reward is some happy tired dogs/or horse and a cup of hot chocolate for the humans!  It was a spectalar snow fall, not a lot of wind ~ just fluffy, light snow falling all day!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, makes a girl smile.
Walking back towards home....
Marley
Marley, Kippy and Ava

Just get out of the way when the BIG dogs play!
The sun thru my favorite tree, Henry.


He loves running with the big dogs, and seldom stays on the porch!

A brief pause in the play time...
He was so sure he saw grass there..... where did it go???
 I found this sketch unfinished.... and so i sat by the fire and colored it last night!

Snow balls... or should I say "toe balls"?

This is our little New Year's miracle.... Her name is Tess, technically ~ but around here we call her Mummy Cat.  She was on "hospice".... the vet said there was nothing more to do... she couldn't breath properly, and no medicine was working...  She even went for the"the ride"... the vet said she had some fight left in her, and to wait a little longer. So she came home from the ride... and after another very long week of  her wheezing for air and not eating ~ she started eating, and breathing normal... and purring.  She is 14+ years old... and I don't know how long her remarkable turn around will last, but we are so delighted she's decided to stay! You can't see them here, but she has the biggest blue eyes ever, and double paws on all four feet.  *sigh.  I love a story with a happy ending, every once in a while....
Stay tuned... more arts and crafts to come.... and soon I'll show you my new Etsy store!  It has been created, now it needs some merchandise.... It WAS my project for the weekend, but I got tied up playing in the snow! :))))

6 comments:

  1. So so so haaaaaaaaaappppppyyyyyy that Mummy cat is doing better! There is no better way to start the week. Do you have any pics of her paws and a pic or two where her blue eyes can be seen?

    The words that stuck with me (until I read about Mummy cat, of course) were snow falling all day. Oh wow, I wish I could have spend this weekend with you! The place looks magical..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh a snowy post! How great to experience your snow and snowy exploits through cyberspace Melody! Love your magical fave tree pic too. Cool to hear about Miracle mummy cat's happy ending story.
    I'm sooooo excited about your Etsy store..but pleased you were diverted by such a pleasurable play in the snow..an absoloute must!
    Looking forward to more of your winter crafty projects.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Snow playing, looks so lovely. The animals do get giddy don't they, that includes humans. It looks so nice when it's falling and just fallen, but I don't like it sticking around too long. Love the tree photo, is it a witch hazel?? Twiddly bits an all! Glad your cat pulled through, it's awful to see them suffering and hard to know what to do for the best, but you hung on in there, well done puddy cat. HEY YOU... Etsy shop!! Well done, you put me to shame, don't know when I'll do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah, the white fluffy stuff we have so missed this year. We are very envious.
    Love your photos (as always).
    And, your gorgeous courageous cat and her "happy ending" story has cheered up my whole month!

    Have a fun and frolicky snow time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you all having so much fun in the snow, and great to see the mice doing the same! Henry is extremely photogenic - what a great shot!!
    Dan
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sheltie gets what I call chandaliers, white ice balls hanging all over his underside and in between his toes OUCH. It can be pretty insane! I do get them off his as soon as I can after our walks :-} Your dogs are too adorable.

    HUGS! Lorraine

    ReplyDelete